Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Those darn cutscenes

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Those darn cutscenes
So with the screen blacking out for 2 to 3 seconds after every cutscene, and being very annoying...

Do you as a player sit thru this nonsense, or just turn cutscenes off altogether?

Anyone come up with a good combo to help smooth things out, like HD install combined with cutscenes tuirned down or off, replays off, replays on, is there any "magic combo" so to speak?

Because this annoyance makes the game worthless IMO.
The gameplay is great, but the blackouts make it a piece of junk.
Comments
Re: Those darn cutscenes
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 11, 2007 10:33 AM ]

I have to say your being harsh because sound still plays making it seem like it'll come back. for m,e it's the replays that make the black out longer not the cut scenes usually those for me are like 2 secs but i have installed it howver don't know if pressing ok waiting for it to complete is all you have to do?
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Apr 11, 2007 10:46 AM | TYS Fan ]

For me, I turned the cutscenes to the middle setting, which still gives you the before bat cutscene (which is good as I like to see the stats for who's coming up next) along with home run cutscenes. But this setting cuts out all the unnessescary cutscenes (such as a close up of a player on base after he just got a base hit, or those close ups of the scoreboard big screen showing the fans getting all excited). It leaves just enough cut scenes to enhance the game's atmosphere.

If you don't even want any of those cutscenes, then switch them all off and then playing a game speeds up immensely, but for me I miss some of the cutscenes. As another poster mentioned in another post, hit an immense HR and it simply skips to the next batter which is a bit of an anti-climax, for me at least.

As for other settings, I intalled the game to the HD, for what good that did. As for replays I have it set to the default setting, but I'm thinking of turning them off as they don't really add too much to the game, especially as they're often jerky due to the frame rate issues.

Hope that's of some help.
[ Author: kwestroc | Posted: Apr 11, 2007 1:12 PM | OBs Fan ]

The cut scenes don't bother me at all. The black outs don't even last that long to get aggravated with.
[ Author: Guest: tigermask72 | Posted: Apr 11, 2007 4:23 PM ]

In this day and age, why should there even be blackouts for load times, on the PLAYSTATION 3 no less?
There shouldn't be.
On the PS2, those were rare and tolerable.
After EVERY cutscene? lol
Play Metal Gear Solid 4, orif MLB2K7 or Madden blacked out like this and you'd say it was ridiculous.
I've playedevery Pro Yakyu Spirits to date, and shouldn't have to put up with an inferior product when I pay $60 or $70 for it.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 13, 2007 12:15 AM ]

Ohh I definately agree with you. next gen should fix loading issues as well as jaggies and only SOME of th ejaggies issues i've seen have gone away in games but the loading seems to be early programming issues associated with the early hardware knowldge and experience. i have no doubt that PYS5 or 6 or whatver it's called will play like a dream their next time around. developers are learning the systems trust me but with todays "get it out now and sell it" mentality it's hard for everyone to be happy.
[ Author: NiGHTS | Posted: Apr 16, 2007 6:47 AM | TYS Fan ]

Please don't take offense but I feel that gamers in general are caught up in the hype of what the "next generation" brings to the table.

Irregardless of the power of the system, the games are only as good as the people who program them. The PS3 has not been out long enough for the developers to get it right.

You can't compare a PS2 game to a PS3 game because the developers have been working on PS2 for nearly 5 years and have got it down to a science. If this occured on PS2 this would be a big problem since there isn't any excuse for it after this time. I think a little leeway needs to be given because the developers are not up to par and are rushed to get the game out on time.

Sadly its the early adopters like yousrelf that get punished. Personally my feeling is that unless you're willing to deal with the initial garbage software that comes out for these systems (I had not bought a Wii game in nearly 5 months until Super Paper Mario came out) then you should wait until the systems are cheaper and the games are better.

Next generation wont really happen until the developers are ready.

And apologies if I rubbed anyone the wrong way..
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.