Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hanshin Tigers in 2000

Discussion in the Pro Yakyu History forum
Hanshin Tigers in 2000
Greetings. Konban wa.

I'm attempting to research the Hanshin Tigers, specifically during the first half of the 2000 season. It's harder than I expected. There's a lot of current info, and info on individual players. But for the 2000 season about the team, all I've found are a few sites in English and Japanese giving the team's overall results for the season, a site listing games, but not results of the season, and also Greg Hansell's journals on attheyard.com when he was playing with the Tigers during the 2000 season. But the journals are lame/frustrating in that they don't give the date of the entries.

At minimum, I'd liked to have the RESULTS of all the games the Tigers played that season, along with where the game was played. News stories of what happened at the games and what was particularly upsetting, interesting, or exciting would be really good.

I do read Japanese, but slowly. So if you point me to a particular site or article -- great. I don't do so well wading through untargeted Google results in Japanese.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, sites, etc.

Angela
Comments
Re: Hanshin Tigers in 2000
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 26, 2003 3:36 PM | YBS Fan ]

- I don't do so well wading through untargeted Google results in Japanese.

How about wading through 36 Nikkan Sports archives [web.archive.org]? The sports page (baseball page in particular) was there for each issue that I checked. Try similar queries for other sites, such as the Tigers' official site. That'd be a good start.

And let us know what you find in your research.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.