Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Most wins, most losses, season

Discussion in the Pro Yakyu History forum
Most wins, most losses, season
As per our online discussion Friday night (more people should really join in the live chats), westbay-san and I were discussing the record for wins/losses by a team in a season.

My research shows that in 1955 both records were set. 99 wins by the Nankai Hawks and 99 losses by the Taiyo Whales. I can't find any team ever breaking the 100 win or loss plateau in NPB. Maybe someone has other information?
Comments
Re: Most wins, most losses, season
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 15, 2006 8:40 PM ]

I went through the spreadsheet of team won-loss records at baseballguru.com's data archive, and while I don't see anybody with more wins than your finding, I did find the 1961 Kintetsu Buffaloes with 103 losses. They seem to be the only team to break triple digits in wins or losses.

Jim Albright
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 16, 2006 2:15 AM ]

Ah, there it is at 36-103-1. I understand now how I missed it. Thank you for your work.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 16, 2006 8:38 AM | YBS Fan ]

Thanks for following up on that. And it looks like I was off by two with Kintetsu's record.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.