Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Seung Song?

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
Seung Song?
From being a Red Sox prospect, then shipped to Expos during a trade, and ending up getting claimed on waivers by the Blue Jays, I believe he got released by Toronto. So, does anyone know what's he doing now? Is he back in South Korea?
Comments
Re: Seung Song?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Apr 17, 2005 12:16 AM ]

This article [MLB.com], said Song was outrighted to AAA Sycrause in Novemeber of last year. That would take him off the 40-man roster. While looking at Sycrause's roster, he's not on it or any of Toronto's minor league rosters.
[ Author: FrankIsTheMan | Posted: Apr 17, 2005 3:42 PM ]

I know, he got released at the end of ST by the Jays, so I wonder if he had sign with another team in the US, or went home and pitch in the KBO?
[ Author: Guest: Charly in SJ | Posted: Jun 3, 2005 12:57 PM ]

Song was picked up by San Francisco, and has been with their California League (Hi-A) affiliate in San Jose since May 4, where he has been pitching extremely well. He was named the league's Pitcher of the Week last week, and tonight (June 2) has continued his commanding performance with 13 strikeouts in 7 innings, with only one walk and 4 hits (no earned runs).

I don't know what SF's plans are for Song. Perhaps they'll keep him in San Jose for the season, to make sure he has recovered fully from his injury and can build up some arm strength. In only a 5 or 6 games, his strikeouts have been good (and improving) and his walks have been the only downside (but they, too, have been improving).
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 4, 2005 6:17 AM ]

Song won the California League's Pitcher of the Week, for the Week of May 23rd-29th. So far this year, Song is 4-1 with a 1.33 ERA in 7G's/4GS. Song has 13 BB to 35 K's in a total of 27 innings. With these stats, Song won't be with A San Jose for long, as a promotion would sound likely. [San Jose Giants Press Release] [Minor League Stats]
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 16, 2005 12:11 PM ]

Song is currently 5-2 with a 1.95 ERA in 9 games/6 starts. He has 17 BB/47 K's in 37 innings. [Minor League Stats]
[ Author: Guest: Guest | Posted: Jun 29, 2005 6:12 PM ]

He got promoted to the Giants' AA club Norwich and is pitching tomorrow. Interesting that he was never really trade bait; seems like he actually has a bit of potential as a prospect. I'm living in Boston so may make the trip down to take a look at him. God knows the Giants need pitching right now.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.