Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Takumi Hamaoka?

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
Takumi Hamaoka?
Anyone heard of Takumi Hamaoka? He is an outfielder that the Braves recently signed. The name sounds Japanese. That's all I know. Any help would be appreciated.
Comments
Re: Takumi Hamaoka?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 9, 2005 11:49 AM ]

Hamaoka was signed to a minor league contract. [Link - MLB Japan in Japanese]
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 10, 2005 10:35 PM ]

The text from that link comes in jumbled because my computer can't download Japanese text. Can anyone translate that link to English for me? It would be appriciated. Thanks.
[ Author: TimC51 | Posted: Jan 18, 2005 12:32 AM ]

It says that he's a high-school graduate from Hokuyou High School in Osaka. He's an outfielder who bats left, throws right. Is said to have a strong arm and fast on the bases. He also hit 35 homers in high school, and the scouts think he can be a "three-point player who can hit for power, play strong defense, and run well." His strong arm is said to be his most attractive feature. He said his dream is to play in the majors, and he hopes to make it to the big show in 3 years.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 21, 2005 11:13 PM ]

Thank you for the translation!
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 22, 2005 12:04 PM | HAN Fan ]

This was a good post, but why was it in "Around Asia" which is about Asian baseball outside of Japan?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.