Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Looking for an Agent

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
Looking for an Agent
I am looking for any agents with connections to playing in Asia. I have no MLB experience, so not Japan, but like China or Taiwan.

Thanks, Geoff.
Comments
Re: Looking for an Agent
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 2, 2004 8:31 AM | YBS Fan ]

Please see this thread for a list of agents who have volunteered their information. You'll have to talk with them to know if they handle Asia or just Japan.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: Guest: Quest | Posted: Nov 2, 2004 2:13 PM ]

Geoff,

Are you American? Aussie? Are you in Japan now?

Leave your e-mail address and I'll be in touch. See if I can be of service. No promises.
[ Author: Guest: Geoff | Posted: Nov 2, 2004 11:56 PM ]

I am Canadian. I just finished my college career this past year. Looking to start my pro career. Could have played in Canadian Baseball League but decided to wait until after my Senior year, then it folded. Recieved contract from Indy team in Frontier league this past year, but was unable to sign due to the visa problems in the States this year. With no previous pro experience I know I couldn't play in Taiwan, Korea or Japan, but would be interested in playing in China. 6'4 190lbs LHP, throws 84-88, have touched 90 a few times.

Thanks, Geoff
geofffreeborn at hotmail d0t com
[ Author: Guest: Jwall | Posted: Nov 3, 2004 5:16 PM ]

Geoff,

If you are a lefty, from Canada, and throw 85-88 and touch 90, then for some reason you got overlooked. Hit up a professional open tryout. There are never enough lefties.

If not there, don't go to China. Try Europe. It's better baseball than you think and easier to get into. I could even help you with a few teams with references.
[ Author: Guest: Geoff | Posted: Nov 4, 2004 3:02 AM ]

Jwall,

Thanks for the reply. The open tryouts are something I am definitely thinking about. My hometown of Calgary just got a team in the Northern League. But actually in regard to Europe, that is something I have been thinking about, and I know it is decent baseball. I am a memeber of the Great Britain Senior Team and have played in European Championships in 2001 and 2003. With Euro's coming up next year, it would be interested in playing in Europe. Could you drop me an e-mail and let me know what countries-teams you have contacts with.

Thanks, Geoff
[ Author: Guest: achie | Posted: Nov 19, 2004 2:33 AM ]

I am Chinese, and I am very interestied in what you said. Can we co-operate?

achihuang812 at hotmail d0t com
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.