Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

KBO snatches Andrew Cisco from Rhinos, Rhinos Draft Lo, Lamigo vacation

Discussion in the Baseball Asia forum
KBO snatches Andrew Cisco from Rhinos, Rhinos Draft Lo, Lamigo vacation
I couldn't find an English story, but the KT Wiz of the KBO lured away the Rhinos' strikeout machine Andrew Cisco. Frankly, I'm surprised MLB teams haven't been eyeing him.

But good news, the Rhinos nabbed Chia-jen Lo of the Astros in the first round of the midseason draft. Lo spent time closing for the Astros last year, but was cut this year.

With Freddy Garcia starting to dominate after an adjustment period, the Rhinos have a one-two punch.

And Lamigo clinched the first half title and gave all their foreign players early vacations.
Comments
Re: KBO snatches Andrew Cisco from Rhinos, Rhinos Draft Lo, Lamigo vacation
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 27, 2014 10:39 AM | YBS Fan ]

One doesn't often see somebody going form the CPBL to KBO mid-season. I saw the recent Hanwha signing of Ryan Tatusko from the AAA Syracuse Chiefs, but North (and Central) American minors to Asia is the usual path mid-season. This is certainly an interesting development.

Thanks for the other CPBL update as well.

But I have one question about the "vacations." Did Lamigo release their foreign players for the second half? Or is this just a short break for them as the second half gets ready to start up again? The former would be very bad form, but wouldn't surprise me.
Re: KBO snatches Andrew Cisco from Rhinos, Rhinos Draft Lo, Lamigo vacation
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 29, 2014 11:00 PM ]

Yes, that would be awful form, but I wouldn't put it past any CPBL clubs! Fortunately, that's not what happened. Lamigo permitted its foreign players to go back home to the Americas ahead of the all-star break.

Hanwha has deep pockets right now from the Ryu posting. Seems like they can take whomever. The Wiz quintupled Cisco's CPBL salary and paid EDA a fee.

I forgot to mention that the Uni-Lions took Cleveland's AAA slugger Chun-hsiu Chen with the first pick. While I'm surprised Lo and Chen gave up on the MLB so quickly, this means they are more likely able to play for the National Team come World Baseball Classic time.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.