Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yankees Close to Signing Koo

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Yankees Close to Signing Koo
I saw a report on the sports news here in Canada about the Yankees being close to signing Korean left-hander Koo. The Yanks can probably use him in their bullpen which has no decent lefties.
Comments
Re: Yankees Close to Signing Koo
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Dec 10, 2004 8:57 PM ]

Yes, it's true they're close to signing Koo. According to this article in the Korea Times, Koo's agent has signed a deal.
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Dec 11, 2004 12:09 AM ]

This one has left me scratching my head. The Yankees are actually going to sign this guy? You can find a Koo Dae Sun anywhere in the world. In fact, if you shake a tree, a hundred Koos will fall out.

The Yankees are getting desperate obviously. Guys like the since departed Gabe White or the inconsistent Felix Heredia are much better than this guy.
[ Author: Guest: Tony | Posted: Dec 11, 2004 3:41 AM ]

Yeah, I bet they can get some other cheaper lefties in their bullpen than Koo, unless they want him to start (which would also make sense as the right field poarch is so close at Yankees stadium).
[ Author: Guest: Jeff | Posted: Dec 11, 2004 3:43 AM ]

How come someone commented on that page that he'll likey end up in Toronto?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 12, 2004 10:27 AM ]

Can someone who has actually seen this pitcher tell me if he has a motion that would be very tough on lefty hitters? The Yankees are signing this guy to face tough lefty hitters like Ortiz, Palmiero, Anderson, Nixon, Delgado, etc. He will not be a starter or long relief. Just come in to get one or two left handed hitters.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 10, 2005 1:27 AM ]

I guess he can become team mates with Jae Seo of the Mets.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.