Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Americans coming to Japan?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Americans coming to Japan?
Hello, this is my first post to this board after reading quite a few posts.

I had a basic question if anyone has heard any news about any Americans coming to Japan for 2004. I know last season Ivan Rodriguez was considering it, and his market now seem to be down to the Detroit Tigers.

But, a much much lesser name in baseball circles I hear rumored from time to time is that of a minor league journeyman with big power, Patrick Lennon. He recently was on the Toledo Mudhens in 2003 and has just finished playing winter ball in Mexico. I had heard that in 2002, I believe, if not 2003, that he was considering an offer from an "undisclosed" team in Japan and was wondering if he again was being courted by Japan for 2004.

I know it's a long shot, but, anyone even know anything about this player. I have been following his career closely since 1995, and sometimes lose track of what team he is on.
Comments
Re: Americans coming to Japan?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 16, 2004 7:17 AM ]

So far, Matt Franco went to Japan. Valentine tried to convince Turk Wendell to come over, but he signed with the Rockies.
Re: Americans coming to Japan?
[ Author: Guest: George Steinbrennernot | Posted: Jan 25, 2004 3:01 AM ]

Oy! Bobby wants all of his retreads. It's not like these guys are going to set the basepaths on fire. Sounds like he wants an American foursome for golf and poker. I just don't see these gaijin pickups as savvy baseball moves, but hopefully they will contribute nicely on the field or on the greens.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.