Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hiroki Kuroda to be Posted?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Hiroki Kuroda to be Posted?
ZakZak had an article stating that there's a possibility that Hiroshima pitcher Hiroki Kuroda might be posted by the club during the off-season. The article states that Kuroda is due to acquire his free agency sometime next season, but if Kuroda tries to move to another club, or to MLB, then Hiroshima won't get anything in return. But the article also states that an anonymous MLB source thinks there would be strong competition for Kuroda if he were to be posted, giving Hiroshima a lot of money in return.

Anyone believe that Hiroshima might post Kuroda?

Original Article from ZakZak (in Japanese).
Comments
Re: Hiroki Kuroda to be Posted?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 26, 2005 12:58 AM ]

- Anyone believe that Hiroshima might post Kuroda?

I know it's Kuroda's last year, but I don't see the Carp posting Kuroda. I see them waiting for him to become a free agent. Without Kuroda they would lack a true ace and have another hole on a team with enough problems already.

I know some people will say it's his last year and the Carp will risk losing him for nothing, but think about it. The Carp will be less of a team without him next year. The Carp already have enough problems. I doubt they will post Kuroda.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Aug 27, 2005 5:08 PM | HT Fan ]

Why won't Hiroshima ever spend money on retaining/acquiring talent? Hanshin used to be the same: notoriously stingy, they paid for it (pun intended) in their league standings at the end of each season. Then Senichi Hoshino comes along and convences the club to spend some spondulicks, and look what happened!

I was raised on amateur sports that only recently became professional, so it irks me that money can so easily translate into victory, but the reality is that it so often does.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 27, 2005 8:48 PM ]

I believe Kuroda is the best pitcher here in Japan. He would match up well against major leaguers in North America. I think he could win 15 games on a good team in the States. If he has 11 wons for the Carp, the worst team in the league, then I'm sure he could fare better in the States.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.