Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Can the Mets trade Kaz Matsui back to Japan?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Can the Mets trade Kaz Matsui back to Japan?
Can the New York Mets trade Kaz Matsui to a team in Japan? Would Seibu be interested? Do they have someone who projects usefully to MLB? Would not take much.

It seems to me that a trade would permit the Mets and Matsui to get out of a difficult current situation - they would deal him for a player of only limited value. Back in Japan, he could be expected to return to his strong level of performance.
Comments
Re: Can the Mets trade Kaz Matsui back to Japan?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 16, 2005 8:21 AM ]

I doubt it. Seibu is most unlikely at the moment to trade for Kazuo. It's very unlikely for Kaz to go back to any NPB team next year. Any rumor that Kaz will be back in the NPB is pure speculation without any basis.

Seibu would like to have Kaz back, but is trying to be a competitive team. They won't give up good talent and gamble on their future (i.e. Matsuzaka, Nishiguchi, or Wada). Most rumors forget to gather sources on the other side and lack basis.
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Aug 16, 2005 10:32 PM ]

- Most rumors forget to gather sources on the other side and lack basis

Just like the rumor you were attempting to start regarding Tuffy Rhodes ("I'm wondering if this deactivation has anything to do with Rhodes' attitude this year?"). You usually have very good posts, but I think in this case you need to practice what you preach.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 17, 2005 8:54 AM ]

- Just like the rumor you were attempting to start regarding Tuffy Rhodes ("I'm wondering if this deactivation has anything to do with Rhodes' attitude this year?").

I didn't try to start any rumor on Rhodes, I didn't learn of his injury until the next day. I was confused out of my mind why Rhodes was deactivated, and I was wondering if Yomiuri had deactivated him because his attitude. No where did I attempt or start a rumor.
[ Author: Guest: Xysma | Posted: Aug 18, 2005 12:36 AM ]

MLB and Japanse teams are not allowed to trade players as teams can do in their respective leagues. Teams can sell players to the MLB or Japan though.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.