Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

July 10: Toot Toot's No-No - Lions 7 - Whales 0

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
July 10: Toot Toot's No-No - Lions 7 - Whales 0
WP - Wei-Lun Pan (7-1, 9 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 9 K's, 0 BB's) - first career no-hitter for Pan, 6th in CPBL history (the last no-no was back in May of 1999!). Pan was an error away from a perfect game - easy pick for game MVP.

[Full Article: http://taiwanbaseball.blogspot.com/2008/07/toot-toots-no-no.html]
Comments
Re: July 10: Toot Toot's No-No - Lions 7 - Whales 0
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 13, 2008 3:27 PM ]

What is toot toot?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 13, 2008 9:02 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well, it's clear from the article that "Toot Toot" is the nickname for pitcher Wei-Lun Pan. I'm afraid that I don't know enough about Taiwanese players to say where that nickname came from, though.

I've asked TTT-san on his blog (the source of the orignial article), so you can check there, and I'll print any follow up here. Other CPBL experts are welcome.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 13, 2008 10:29 PM | YBS Fan ]

The Taipei Times transliterates his nickname as "Du Du." [Link]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.