Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Energetic Fans CPBL Fans?

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
Energetic Fans CPBL Fans?
I will be in Taiwan in August for 4 days and am looking forward to attending some games. I don't know which team to root for yet and would like to ask if there is any team in Taiwan which is famous for it's fans. I am thinking a team like the Chicago Cubs, which is just as famous for the special energy of its fans as it is for its baseball tradition.

So ultimately I'm asking, "Which team should I root for?"

Thanks for your input.

SwissFan
Comments
Re: Energetic Fans CPBL Fans?
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Jun 12, 2007 1:35 AM | YOK Fan ]

I would say the Brother Elephants is Taiwan's most popular team. The Elephants and President Lions have been there from the very beginning. The La New Bears and Makoto Cobras are relatively new and thus have little tradition. However the Bears do feature Chen Chin-feng and Huang Jun-chung as their stars.
Re: Energetic Fans CPBL Fans?
[ Author: bigdaub | Posted: Jun 12, 2007 6:03 AM ]

If you want to see fans in action, try to go to the games in Taichung, Tainan, or Kaohsuang. More fans per game there. If you go to Shingchuang (in Taipei) during the weekdays, you won't see too many people there.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.