Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese Players in the MLB

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Japanese Players in the MLB
Hi. I'm a Japanese student at Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and I'm writing a story about the Japanese players in the major leagues. I was wondering if anybody here have gone to the Yankee Stadium on Oct. 22 and seen the last Mariners VS Yankees game. I am trying to reconstruct the game in my story, but my professor told me that I have to include views of different people who were there. Being a Japanese, I thought that Ichiro standing there as the first batter in front of a patriotic crowd of Yankee fans was some how symbolic: a Japanese player who made an incredible success in the world
Comments
Re: Japanese Players in the MLB
[ Author: Guest: Tomo | Posted: Oct 3, 2003 5:56 AM ]

Hi, I'm a graduate student in sport administration at the University of Louisville. I'm now working on researching the topic of "The reasons why Japanese ball player want to play in MLB." I have to have some primary sources for my research topic, but I haven't got them enough. Do you have any ideas on how to collect them? Thank you.
[ Author: Guest: tm | Posted: Oct 10, 2003 8:22 PM ]

1964 Masanori Murakami
1995 Hideo Nomo
1996 Mac Suzuki
1997 Hideki Irabu
1997 Shigetoshi Hasegawa
1997 Takashi Kashiwada
1998 Masato Yoshii
1999 Masao Kida
1999 Tomokazu Ohka
2000 Kazuhiro Sasaki
2001 Ichiro Suzuki
2001 Tsuyoshi Shinjo
2002 Kazuhisa Ishii
2002 Takaki Nomura
2002 Satoru Komiyama
2002 So Taguchi
2003 Hideki Matsui
[ Author: Jen Wei | Posted: Oct 14, 2003 10:07 PM | HNHF Fan ]

Sorry, not Takaki Nomura, it's Takahito Nomura.
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Nov 8, 2003 2:59 AM ]

Takahito Nomura has gone by the name Takaki in Japan.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.