Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Takahashi to the Cubs Rumor

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Takahashi to the Cubs Rumor
Sports Hochi is reporting that the Cubs are close to a deal with left handed pitcher Ken Takahashi. According to Hochi it's a one-year, major-league deal and the Cubs would look to him to start and pitch in middle relief.

[Full Article: http://www.npbtracker.com/2009/01/takahashi-to-the-cubs-rumor/#content]
Comments
Re: Takahashi to the Cubs Rumor
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Jan 14, 2009 3:19 PM | YOK Fan ]

Um, I don't really think the Cubs need anymore starters at this point, and most certainly none in the age bracket that Takahashi is in.

I seriously don't know why the Cubs didn't go after Saito instead if they are indeed looking for more Japanese players as I've heard.

I personally compare Takahashi to what Shingo Takatsu was a couple of years back for the White Sox. He had 2 good years or so but after that he was done. I see Takahashi being more or less the same as Shingo was.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.