Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kim to NPB?

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Kim to NPB?
The Red Sox had a deal to send Byung-Hyun-Kim to the Chiba Lotte Marines only to have Kim turn it down. The Red Sox, according to sources, are talking with another NPB team. Kim is 31-26 with 86 saves and has a 3.77 ERA in 299 major league games. [Link - Boston Herald] [Stats - Baseball-Reference.com]
Comments
Re: Almonte to NPB?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Nov 3, 2004 5:01 AM ]

Rockies' infielder Erick Almonte might try to play in Japan, according to his agent. Almonte has batted .269 with 1 HR and 11 RBI, in 39 major league games and 104 AB. [Link - Denver Post] [Stats - Baseball Reference]
Re: Kim to NPB?
[ Author: Guest: steve | Posted: Nov 5, 2004 10:00 AM ]

I kinda hope he doesn't, unless he gets traded to Kyojin. When I was in Arizona, he just was a head case. I think the home runs in the World Series did something to him. Kim is a team killer waiting to happen.
Re: Kim to NPB?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 6, 2004 3:11 AM ]

More of the reason for Boston to get rid of him. Not to bash any Japan team, but better them than us.

Sorry, I'm a Sox fan first, everything else second.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.