Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kaz Matsui's Debut

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Kaz Matsui's Debut
In a word, WOW! Kaz may be the Big Matsui in New York City. Goes to show, you can't depend entirely upon spring training stats. Way to go, Kazuo!
Comments
Re: Kaz Matsui's Debut
[ Author: KazMetsui | Posted: Apr 7, 2004 5:13 PM ]

It was a long spring training. But I knew that come opening day, the books would be wiped clean and his .192 batting average would be a thing of the past.

I've never doubted him as he battled through spring training, and I battled with Mets' fans on message boards who had little or no faith in him.

He's now hitting:
1.000 AVG 1.000 OBP 2.667 SLG 3.667 OPS

The exact same numbers Barry Bonds posted a day before in his first game of the season.

Matsui has silenced his critics for a day and maybe even longer, but I can truly say that my unwavering faith in him was repaid 100 fold as he led our team to victory against an old nemesis. He is a class act and I am proud that he is a new star on our New York Mets.

Thank you Kaz!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.