Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Rex Hudler

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Rex Hudler
Former Yakult Swallows' second baseman Rex Hudler (1993), now a T.V. analyst for the Anaheim Angels, has been suspended indefinitely by the team after being arrested at the Kansas City International Airport with marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Rex was always one of my favorite players as he was full of enthusiasm and played an integral role in leading the Swallows to the Japan Series championship in 1993.

He obviously made a big mistake, but I wish him well.
Comments
Re: Rex Hudler
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Sep 17, 2003 10:50 AM ]

The Angels announced today that Rex Hudler would be suspended for the rest of the season and that his status for next season will be re-evaluated after this season.

I still wonder what Rex was thinking when he loaded all that stuff into his bag. He's either very addicted to pot, or he wasn't thinking at all.
[ Author: Guest: name1000 | Posted: Sep 20, 2003 2:20 PM ]

I find the arrest of Rex Hudler for such a small amount of marijuana to be a travesty. I'm also embarrassed for Rex that he's had to spout the "I did a bad thing" drivel to keep from more severe punishment and, possibly, the loss of his job.

When are the American people going to stop being hypocrites about marijuana? A guy who pounds two large beers at an Angels game is of greater danger to himself and others than a person can ever be from smoking a bowl of pot. And what was Rex using it for? To help him get to sleep in the privacy of his home or hotel room! A real danger to society!

The illegal status of marijuana in this country grew out of racist attitudes toward Mexicans in the early 1900s. It would be nice to see an upstanding, rational-thinking Mexican-American such as Artie Moreno make a courageous statement and keep Rex Hudler on board.
[ Author: Sharks410 | Posted: Sep 23, 2003 2:08 PM ]

- A guy who pounds two large beers at an Angels game is of greater danger to himself and others than a person can ever be from smoking a bowl of pot.

What kind of BS is this??? Plus, there are people from the U.S. on this thread, and we don't appreciate the cheap shots!
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Sep 23, 2003 11:43 PM ]

The debate about marijuana and other drugs can best be done in other forums, since the forums here are about Japanese baseball. This whole thread is only relevant because of Rex Hudler, not what drugs he may or may not have used, or in what amounts.

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.