Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Steroids and the Rat-Race

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Steroids and the Rat-Race
Here's a topic I know you all enjoy - steroids.

This paper takes a very different view than those that have been endlessly sounded in the debate about steroids. It's a research paper by a graduate student. I've only had time to read the first few pages, and I find it very interesting.

What does this have to do with Japanese baseball? He uses NPB as a control group.

You might remember an Allaire-san asking about the power surge of 2003. True to his word, he's allowing us to review his research.
Comments
Re: Steroids and the Rat-Race
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: May 18, 2006 1:26 AM | FSH Fan ]

I'm reading this and there are a few little things that need to be corrected:
  1. Page 15 he says "World Baseball Championship" when it should be "World Baseball Classic."

2. He mentions the Japan team having only one MLB player, Ichiro, when it actually had 2 with Ohstuka.

3. The games in Japan are not faster than in the U.S., at least from my experience (I've been to 200+ games in Japan and about 50+ in the U.S.). This might make for an interesting research topic, by the way.

4. Table 7 is nowhere to be found.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.