Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

More behind Hiroyuki Nakajima and the New York Yankees

Discussion in the MLB News forum
More behind Hiroyuki Nakajima and the New York Yankees
On 2012-1-7 Gen wrote:
According to Nikkan Sports, the New York Yankees announced they were giving up on Hiroyuki Nakajima about three hours after he arrived in New York (he arrived at JFK Airport at around 9:32am and the announcement was made at around 12:26pm).

[Full Article: http://yakyubaka.com/2012/01/07/more-behind-hiroyuki-nakajima-and-the-new-york-yankees/]
Comments
Re: More behind Hiroyuki Nakajima and the New York Yankees
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Jan 10, 2012 1:58 PM ]

After reading this update, I take back my previous criticism of Nakajima. After the Igawa debacle and the cruel and unusual punishment they put him through by not trading him, you think the Yankees would also just want a short-term contract with the next Japanese import. It would have been win-win, as, if his performance was good, I'm sure he would prefer to sign a longer contract with a team like the Yankees.

In any case, it's just more evidence that the posting system is a disgrace and needs serious fixing. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.