Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Fehr meets with Sox players

Discussion in the MLB News forum
Fehr meets with Sox players

On the posting system, which brought pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka to the Red Sox in December for a posting bid of $51.1 million, and any possible changes to the system:

"It's a difficult issue obviously because you're dealing with two separate systems and two separate legal systems involved. The primary question is one which has to do with the circumstances under which an individual can be a free agent in Japan, Japanese law and the Japanese contracts. I think that obviously it got our notice and it got Major League Baseball's notice. If you have substantial dollars -- as happened in this case -- which flow out of Major League Baseball and they don't go to players and they don't go to owners. If your question is are there specific plans to revisit that, the answer is no. But my guess is it's one of those issues when you get a case like this, people will begin to do some analysis and review it.

[Full Article: http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070312&content_id=1840598&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.