Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

No Hitters?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
No Hitters?
Hi Commish and fellow Yakyu fans! I was wondering if there's any footage on the web of some famous no hitters or perfect games from the NPB? Which are the classic pitching performances I should check out? Thanks.
Comments
Re: No Hitters?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 16, 2012 10:32 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well, with 84 no-hitters on record, I suppose that there's some footage out there. However, the last one having been in 2006 (Chunichi's Yamamoto Masahiro vs. the Hanshin Tigers on September 16, 2006), it's unlikely that such clips are still around due to copyright take downs and an industry that still doesn't realize the potential benefit of having such clips up there.

This DVD [Amazon Japan] most likely contains scenes from the 2007 Nippon Series where Yamai and Iwase combined for a perfect game against the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters. It's not YouTube, and if you're outside of Japan they may not ship to you. But it's something that you may like to investigate.

Otherwise, this Google search should provide you with some of what you're looking for. Not all of the results are for NPB, nor are they no-hit/no-run games, but it's a start.

Hope this helps.
Re: No Hitters?
[ Author: Marines1987 | Posted: Feb 17, 2012 2:41 AM ]

Ah this is great. Thanks very much, looking forward to the new season as I'm sure you are.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.