Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese Baseball in the 1940's?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japanese Baseball in the 1940's?
I'm an author researching a book. I'm seeking all the information [books, articles, sites] that deal specifically with baseball in Japan [and Japanese baseball players as well] during the war years. I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.
Comments
Re: Japanese Baseball in the 1940's?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 13, 2012 11:06 AM | YBS Fan ]

One very good review of a movie with that setting was made by Deanna Rubin a couple of years ago. Please see Movie Review: Last Game - Saigo no Soukeisen.

Otherwise, please see Rob Fitts Baseball History for contact information to Fitts-san. He's a historian and has written a couple of books before and after that time period. If anyone knew where to find such background information, he's the one.

I hope this helps, and to see you come back and share your research with us when you're done.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.