Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Baseball and Design?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Baseball and Design?
Hello,

I'm a French design student working on innovative baseball equipment for the Japanese market. I can't find information about which brand should be appropriate for this case study.

I wish to improve the brand identity on that segment, creating technic glove, bat, shield and helmet inspired by Japanese traditional craft.

if anybody knows which brand is suited to this case study, or has information about Japanese brands involved in yakyu, the help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Pierrick
Comments
Re: Baseball and Design?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 14, 2012 11:46 PM | YBS Fan ]

The main equipment maker supplying the Japanese teams is Mizuno. After that there are Nike, SSK, Xanax, Zett, Body Armor, and Descente. I'm only aware of the last two specializing in clothing only, not gloves, bats, etc. But the earlier mentioned companies all have a hand in pretty much every piece of equipment available.

Thumbing through an issue of "Shukan Baseball," Mizuno's "Rain Bird" logo stands out a great deal in numerous pictures. Other brands (except for Nike on the catchers' chest protecters) don't really stand out that much or are not used with nearly as much frequency.

Does this help?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.