Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Chances for Tickets?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Chances for Tickets?
Sorry, I know this type of question gets ask a lot but, I am trying to go to the Tigers vs. Swallows game at Meiji Jingu Stadium in August. What are my chances for getting tickets? The game is on Friday. I was hoping to show up early and head to the back of the stadium and buy the tickets. I kinda want to sit in the Tigers section in the unreserved seats. I hear about Tigers games selling out quickly. Should I buy tickets online?
Comments
Re: Chances for Tickets?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 3, 2010 12:08 AM ]

Why not Yakult Advance Tickets if you can navigate it yourself?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Aug 4, 2010 7:13 AM | NIP Fan ]

The problem isn't going to be getting tickets, actually. The problem is going to be getting SEATS. I don't think Jingu will sell out for a Friday night game, but what WILL happen is that all of the unreserved seats will get taken on the Tigers side way before the game starts, so if you aren't there relatively early, or have someone to save you seats, you may get relegated to standing in the back or sitting on the Yakult side. So show up as early as you can and get in line to go in and get seats.

I'm assuming you mean the August 27th game, for which I don't think you will have any issue. Do you live in Japan, or will you be in Japan for a day or two before that game? If so, you can head to a convenience store and buy tickets there (or head to Jingu itself).
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Aug 12, 2010 2:16 PM | HAN Fan ]

Tigers side tickets are pretty much always sold out by the day of the game. If you haven't got any by now go for the Yakult side, you will meet plenty of Tigers fans who've done the same thing.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.