Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Do Stats Include Playoffs?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Do Stats Include Playoffs?
I was wondering if stats made in the playoffs count towards a record. I assume they do with all time records, but I was wondering in regards to season records. For example, if somebody eclipses the 55 home run mark in the playoffs, does it count as a new record?

Regards,

Matteo
Comments
Re: Do Stats Include Playoffs?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Oct 9, 2004 7:31 AM ]

No, the stats in the post-season are seperate from those of the regular season. So, no, a player can't eclipse the 55 HR mark in the playoffs, because those home runs won't count on their regular season total.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 10, 2004 7:49 AM | YBS Fan ]

A good recent indicator for this would be Rhodes' 2001 season. He matched 55 home runs during the regular season, then went on to hit two more during the Nippon Series. The single season record is for only the regular season.

As you can see in the various player profile pages here, post-season is not covered in the seasonal stats. (I hope to start working on entering those soon, though.)

This is consistant with how stats are compiled in MLB.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Oct 10, 2004 12:30 PM | HAN Fan ]

Matteo said, "I assume they do (count) with all time records."

Only regular season stats count for all-time lifetime records as well as for the single season. MLB separates regular season stats from post-season stats for both catagories like Westbay wrote.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.