Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ex-Players

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Ex-Players
Out of curiousity,

Which team has the most of its former players playing for other teams? e.g. Kawajiri is ex-Hanshin playing for Kintetsu.

On a similar note, which team has the most players which came from other teams? i.e. Number of ex-team on the active roster. My guess would be the Giants, as they have the most cash and are the most popular.
Comments
Re: Ex-Players
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 24, 2004 9:27 PM | YBS Fan ]

A quick query of my database, which should have all players for 2004, shows:

Teams with players who did not enter NPB through them:
+--------+---------+
| TeamID | Players |
+--------+---------+
| HT | 19 |
| YG | 16 |
| OKB | 16 |
| CLM | 14 |
| OBW | 14 |
| SL | 13 |
| HNHF | 12 |
| CD | 12 |
| YBS | 11 |
| YS | 9 |
| FDH | 8 |
| HC | 5 |
+--------+---------+

Teams no longer holding players now on other teams:

+-------------+---------+
| FranchiseID | Players |
| HT | 17 |
| YBS | 16 |
| YG | 15 |
| OBW | 14 |
| OKB | 14 |
| SL | 13 |
| CD | 13 |
| CLM | 13 |
| FDH | 12 |
| HNHF | 8 |
| HC | 8 |
| YS | 6 |

Note: This includes both ichi-gun and ni-gun.

For posterity (or later corrections), these were the queries:

select pi.TeamID, count(pi.PlayerID) as 'Players' from PlayerInfo pi left join Players p on pi.playerid=p.playerid left join Teams t1 on pi.teamid=t1.teamid left join Teams t2 on p.draftedbyteamid=t2.teamid where pi.yearplayed=2004 and t1.teamaffiliation != t2.teamaffiliation and pi.positionid != 'K' group by TeamID order by Players desc;

select t2.TeamAffiliation as 'FranchiseID', count(p.PlayerID) as 'Players' from PlayerInfo pi left join Players p on pi.playerid=p.playerid left join Teams t1 on pi.teamid=t1.teamid left join Teams t2 on p.draftedbyteamid=t2.teamid where pi.yearplayed=2004 and t1.teamaffiliation != t2.teamaffiliation and pi.positionid != 'K' group by FranchiseID order by Players desc;

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.