Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Post-Season Schedule

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Post-Season Schedule
I was wondering when the post-season schedule will be known. And I guess whether it will be posted. I would like to get post-season tickets for the October games, but would need a schedule. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

This is an excellent site, by the way!

-sw
Comments
Re: Post-Season Schedule
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 12, 2004 1:44 PM | YBS Fan ]

I had partially posted it in one of the Strike! threads, but this is a better place for it.

The first "stage" of Pacific League playoffs (second vs. third place) starts on October 1, with the "Stage Two" (winner of first stage vs. first place) starting on October 6. I'm not sure about where the games will be played at this point, but the higher finisher will most likely have the greater "home field advantage."

Stage One
    1 (Fri)
    2 (Sat)
    3 (Sun)

Stage Two

6 (Wed)
    7 (Thu)
    9 (Sat)
    10 (Sun)
    11 (Mon)

The Nippon Series will start off at the Central League champion's home ground for the first two games, move to the Pacific League champion's ground for the next three, then finish at the Central League champion's home (if necessary).

Nippon Series

16 (Sat)
    17 (Sun)
    19 (Tue)
    20 (Wed)
    21 (Thu)
    23 (Sat)
    24 (Sun)

I'll modify this page when I know the times and locations of the above games, but a starting time between 6:00 and 6:30 will be most likely.

[ Author: Guest: sweitze | Posted: Sep 13, 2004 6:10 AM ]

Wow, thanks for the info! I'll keep checking back for the times and locations of the games. Much appreciated!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 13, 2004 9:20 AM | YBS Fan ]

There's more information in today's (Sept. 13) Nikkan Sports about the playoffs.

For the First Stage, the team that finished in second place hosts all three games (if it goes that far).

For the Second Stage, the team that finished in first place hosts all five games (if it goes that far). If the team that wins the First Stage finished the season at least five games behind the first place finisher, then the first place team automatically gets one win and must only win two of the remaining four games. It is not clear if that automatic win pushes the start of the Second Stage back to October 7th or not, though.

By not staying within five games of Daiei, Seibu will have a harder time at Stage Two. And the Fighting Ham or Lotte? Well, they're both still trying to finish the season over .500, and this should legitimize any cries that they don't deserve the championship flag.
[ Author: sanshintigers | Posted: Sep 13, 2004 9:46 PM ]

I am also interested in seeing the Nihon Series live! If anyone hears the details, please post it asap! Thanks a lot.
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: Sep 17, 2004 10:29 PM | HT Fan ]

I recently began getting an excellent cable TV service called TV Japan (website is here, where you can see their schedule in English and Japanese) which offers a couple of NPB games each week -- usually Giants, of course. Anyway, I suspect they will air at least some of the Japan Series games live.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.