Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

NPB Pictures?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
NPB Pictures?
Besides all the team sites, I can't find a good web site that covers the NPB with pictures to boot. Yahoo! Japan Sports has a whole section for the NPB, with 0 pictures! It's ridiculous. I would love to find galleries of player on-field pictures. Any idea?
Comments
Re: NPB Pictures?
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Jun 19, 2004 4:04 PM ]

I haven't been able to find any myself. It's like pulling teeth to find anything out in English or to see pictures.
[ Author: Guest: Andrew | Posted: Jun 22, 2004 3:31 AM ]

I know a place where you could find player portraits. See sponichi.com.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 22, 2004 3:09 PM ]

Since I can't read Japanese I cannot find any. Do you know of any in English?
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Jun 22, 2004 12:38 PM | YAK Fan ]

Even if you can't read Japanese you should still be able to see some pictures over at Nifty Sports Japan. [Link - Nifty Sports Baseball Section] Scroll down a little bit, and there will be the latest news articles, and the ones with pictures in the articles have a little camera icon next to them. Not only does it have NPB pictures, but also some action from Japanese players in MLB.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 22, 2004 3:11 PM ]

Do you know how to navigate through the Hawks' site to find pictures of their players? [ Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this post
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Jun 22, 2004 7:18 PM | YAK Fan ]

- Do you know how to navigate through the Hawks' site to find pictures of their players?

Well, this link (Daiei Player Directory - Japanese Only) only has headshots, but you should be able to see the players' jersey number and click on that in the frame in the middle.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.