Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Autographs

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Autographs
Hello.

I'm an huge baseball fan / autograph collector in the USA. I'm trying to put together a complete set of Colorado Rockies single signed baseballs. I'm only missing 30 players in the teams 12 year history. Two players I'm missing are Pete Walker and Nate Minchey. Has anyone had any success mailing balls to the teams in Japan? How did you do return postage? Best of all does anyone live in Japan that could get these balls signed for me? I would pay shipping and for your time.

Thanks,
Sheldon
Comments
Re: Autographs
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 5, 2004 7:53 PM | YBS Fan ]

First, read the FAQ about contacting players/teams. Team snail-mail addresses are linked from there. (They don't have e-mail addresses, please don't ask.)

Next, I've heard from at least one person who sent some U.S. dollars with the cards (s)he wanted signed and a self-addressed envelope, and got the cards returned signed with Japanese postage on the envelope. I've also heard from at least one person who tried to contact a player through the team via snail-mail and never got a reply (no money or self-addressed envelope were involved, just a query for information). Your milage may vary.

Walker is with the Yokohama BayStars, Minchey is with the Chiba Lotte Marines.

Hope this helps.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.