Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Longest and Latest Ending Games

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Longest and Latest Ending Games
Dear Sir,

During the many years of baseball play in Japan and Asia, there have probably been at least a few situations in which rain delays and/or extra inning games have caused some games to end after 1:00 AM local time. I am updating my article published in the 1985 Baseball Research Journal which describes all baseball games that have ended after 1 AM local time, or gone 20 or more innings.

If you are aware of any such games in Japanese or other Asian leagues, please contact me via e-mail at plowry1176 at aol d0t com or via postal mail at 528 East 85th Street #1B, New York, NY 10028.

Here is the latest one I have been able to find:
  • 12:26 AM -- New Japanese Record -- Koshien Kyujyo (Stadium), Osaka, Japan -- 9/11/92 -- Central League -- Yakult Swallows 3 Hanshin Tigers 3 in 6:26 and 15 innings, rhubarb delay 0:37.

• 3:47 -- New Japanese Record -- Korakuen Kyujyo (Stadium), Tokyo, Japan -- 5/24/42 -- Japanese Professional Baseball Federation -- Taiyo 4 Nagoya 4 in 28 innings, called a tie.

• 6:26 -- New Japanese Record -- Koshien Kyujyo (Stadium), Osaka, Japan -- 9/11/92 -- Central League -- Yakult Swallows 3 Hanshin Tigers 3 in 15 innings, rhubarb delay 0:37 -- finished at 12:26 AM in the early morning of 9/12.
Phil Lowry
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.