Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2004 Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame Inductees

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2004 Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame Inductees
When will the 2004 Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame inductees be named?
Comments
Re: 2004 Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame Inductees
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 7, 2004 8:06 AM | YBS Fan ]

I know that the inductees are presented during the start of the All Star games every year in July. But I'm not sure about when they're officially announced and/or decided on.
Re: 2004 Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame Inductees
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 12, 2004 8:59 AM | HAN Fan ]

The January 10, 2004 Japan Times [Link reports on the announcement that Akira Ogi and Noboru Akiyama have been chosen for the 2004 induction into the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame.

Ogi managed the Kintetsu Buffaloes to take the Pacific League pennant in 1989. He then led the Orix BlueWave to the PL title in 1995 and 1996. Orix won the Japan Series in 1996.

The late Akiyama was voted the Central League Rookie of the Year in 1956 with the Taiyo Whales. In 1960, he won the CL Most Valuable Player award while pitching the Whales to victory in the Japan Series. Akiyama posted 193 wins and later managed the Whales.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.