Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Chris Latham

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Chris Latham
To whom it may concern,

I've been trying to read any articles concerning my son and haven't been able to find any. I tried bablefish and got no where. My daughter-in-law found some pictures and articles and I'm having no luck. Can you help me?
Comments
Re: Chris Latham
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Sep 6, 2003 1:45 PM ]

Mrs. Latham,

I had fun watching Chris when he played with Norfolk last season and getting his autograph. He was a very nice person. It was kinda funny in my encounter because I was out there getting them as they were walking in. He say he will sign if I know who he is, I was like, "You're Chris Latham, I've seen you played in the IL All-Star game the year before and I've your cards with your pictures on them." The person walking with him said he'd only sign if I knew his name, too, and I couldn't recogize him. Chris whispered, "Joe DePastino," so I was like, "Joe?" Joe said, "he told you my name didn't he?" I just smiled and said "no," and he signed also.

Chris needs to play in the MLB, he works hard in the minor leagues and had a chance to play for the Yankees. Unfortunely, the Yankees will never give anyone a chance other than stars from other teams they trade for. If I'm not wrong, didn't Chris had 2 AB with the Yankees and has batting avg of 1.000 for them?

Good Luck to Chris. Hope he'll make it back to MLB soon.
Re: Chris Latham
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 6, 2003 4:05 PM | YBS Fan ]

You may want to try the mainstream press. The Daily Yomiuri and The Japan Times both cover Japanese baseball in English and tend to focus more on the foreign players than I do.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.