Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Jason Johnson to Japan?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Jason Johnson to Japan?
Any news on pitcher Jason Johnson?
Comments
Re: Jason Johnson to Japan?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 6, 2007 8:17 AM | YBS Fan ]

The only thing I've seen on him is that he was signed by the Seibu Lions and he wears an insulin pack on his belt when he pitches.

Is there any particular news about Johnson that you're looking for?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Feb 6, 2007 8:37 AM | NIP Fan ]

Well, he made it to Japan just fine in time for spring training, and apparently he has been nicknamed "J.J" by the other Lions players, he threw 83 pitches the other day in the bullpen (he was supposed to throw 50 but he felt really good).

Er, does that help?
[ Author: Guest: jjpopfly | Posted: Feb 6, 2007 10:39 AM ]

Jason has been in the Big Leagues for nine years. He has always had great potential, but never quite achieved the success expected. I heard an interview about him where Orel Hershiser on ESPN felt he could be a 20 game winner in MLB. I for one hope he does it with the Lions. I read that he was very excited to be in Japan.

When he has some free time he plans on talking to kids about diabetes and how you should not let it hold you back from your dreams. He does a lot of work with the Diabetes Research Foundation and helped raise $1.8 million in 2004 when he was with the Detroit Tigers.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Feb 6, 2007 11:16 AM | HAN Fan ]

Looks like extreme jetlag in the photos from the first article!
[ Author: Guest: kitty | Posted: Mar 6, 2007 2:03 PM ]

Where did you see these pictures? Does Jason have a translator?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.