Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Brandon Knight

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Brandon Knight
I see in today's Japan Times that Brandon Knight was the winning pitcher for the Daiei Hawks two nights ago. The name is familiar and I believe he was once in the NY Yankees organization. Anyone here have any info on that, or on how he came to Japan and how he is generally doing there? Much obliged.
Comments
Re: Brandon Knight
[ Author: Guest: Jeff Matlock | Posted: Aug 18, 2003 6:30 AM ]

Brandon Knight bounced between the Yankees and AAA Columbus during 2001 and 2002. He got into a dozen games with the big club and had an ERA of almost 11. At New Years, New York sold his contract to the Hawks.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 18, 2003 9:08 PM | YBS Fan ]

Since you know his team, it's pretty simple to find how he's doing. Click on "Teams" at the top of this page, then "Stats" to the right of Daiei, and you can see his current stats.

Unfortunately, the news isn't very good. He's currently 4 and 3 with an ERA of 5.17 in 10 appearances.

While the Hawks have been making headlines quite a bit this season, I'm afraid that his name hasn't been in any that I've noticed. Wish I had more to tell you.
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Aug 21, 2003 5:12 PM ]

I write articles daily about Japanese baseball. You can find information on Knight there [BaseballGuru.com].
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Feb 19, 2004 5:56 AM ]

Brandon has done pretty well with the Hawks in Japan and has been re-signed for 2004. The only problem that he had was with an injury in his elbow which slowed down his speed a bit due to pain. He is trying to rehab is arm, and so far is pitching very good. Manager Sadaharu Oh is impressed with him and trying to make sure that he stays healthy. Unfortunately, because of the language barrier, the media in Japan does not report the events as they actually are.
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Feb 19, 2004 6:00 AM ]

Check BaseballGuru.com. You can find full reports on each game. They haven't talked much about Knight's injury, but it looks like he's almost back to normal.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.