Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Player Data for Bobby Mitchell (1976-78)

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Player Data for Bobby Mitchell (1976-78)
Bobby Mitchell
Bats/Throws right/right
Ht/WT 6'4''/190
Birthday: October 22nd 1943
Born: Norristown, Pennsylvania
Nationality: USA
Outfielder

The card I have shows that he played in Japan at least from 1976-1978 (79 is year of card). I only have simple stats from 1978: 36 HR, 93 RBI and .274 AVG. They give his 3 year totals for these as well. 91HR, 234 RBI, .254 AVG. It's not much. Thanks for your patience. Birthdate info from Baseball-Reference.
Comments
Re: Player Data for Bobby Mitchell (1976-78)
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 5, 2007 9:25 AM | YBS Fan ]

Well, this was kind of a request, so I entered Bobby Mitchell's Japanese career data for you. By the way, he played one more year, 1979, with the Fighters as well.

Enjoy.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jan 5, 2007 9:39 AM | NIP Fan ]

Pennsylvania's spelled with a Y, not an I (I know, it's a pain coming back from the katakana sometimes).

If it helps, the site I usually check for these things (seibango no yakata, linked off Gary Garland's page) says that he wore uniform number 39.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 5, 2007 10:07 AM | YBS Fan ]

- Pennsylvania's spelled with a Y ...

Thank you. That's now fixed for everyone. (Oh, the wonders of a relational database.)

I had seibango no yakata bookmarked a long time ago, but couldn't find it. In fact, I still have it, but it wasn't where it should have been. I'll be sure to consult it when I add historical players in the future.

Thanks for pushing me to fix it right away. And feel free to point out any other spelling errors you may catch. (You're right, it's a pain when all the sources are in katakana.)
[ Author: Brimsek | Posted: Jan 5, 2007 10:15 AM | HNHF Fan ]

- Well, this was kind of a request, so I entered Bobby Mitchell's Japanese career data for you. By the way, he played one more year, 1979, with the Fighters as well.

Thank you very much for posting the information! And a total bonus for getting the 1979 data as well as much more detailed stats.

I had searched a few times to see when he ended his career in Japan - without much luck. Thanks again!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.