Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Standings

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Standings
Hi everybody!

I'm French and I'd like to know where it's possible to find NPB standings? I write a few articles on a French web site about NPB, but I can't find the standings!

Is it possible to find it on japanesebaseball.com? If yes, where?

Well please help me

Thanks

cedricmeell at wanadoo dot fr
Comments
Re: Standings
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 4, 2003 9:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

I guess you didn't look around very long. Standings, as stated on the top page, are located here, along with pitching and batting leaders in both leagues.

Please browse the site a bit. And especially read the text at the top and bottom of each page (such as that all posts are moderated - therefore you don't have to post the same question four times - I'll get to it when I get to it). You'll find pretty much everything you need.

I would like to note that, due to time constraints and other things going on, I can't always enter the scores in a timely manner. With my parents currently visiting me, for example, I've fallen a few days behind.

If you can read Japanese and timeliness is important to you, I'd recommend Yahoo Sports Japan.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: l1dimat1 | Posted: Mar 24, 2004 2:27 AM ]

Don't administer a web site if you're not interested in making the visitors happy, dude! People do expect! That's it!

And by the way, I definitely understand the question of that guy since the navigation on the web site is not convenient.

Best.
Navigation
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 24, 2004 8:54 AM | YBS Fan ]

I'm well aware that navigation could be better. That's on my TODO list (but data entry takes priority). I admit that no matter how good I am with the technical aspects, I'm poor when it comes to the user interface. I prefer a command line to a graphical user interface for getting real work done on computers. [I helped a neighbor setup his ASDL modem last week and it was the first time he'd ever seen the command prompt on his machine. MS-Windows - had to wash my hands after.]

What I would really appriciate is some constructive suggestions on how that can be accomplished. How would you layout the site for better navigation?
[ Author: daijnj | Posted: Aug 5, 2003 1:44 AM | FSH Fan ]

Japanese standing are updated in English very soon after games are completed every day by Kyodo available through Yahoo Asian News. However, this page has lots of Kyodo new stories contributed continually, so you may have to go to the bottom of the page and click on "more..." (and then do the same thing on the next page, and the next page), but you should find daily updated standings and also an article or two of Japanese baseball news/results.
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: Aug 5, 2003 2:13 PM | HT Fan ]

Both the Japan Times and Yomiuri Shimbun have English-language web sites with sports coverage. The Japan Times provides short recaps of the day's games as well as standings, and it is always worth a look there to see if a feature story on NPB has appeared (usually by Wayne Graczyk).
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 6, 2003 7:09 AM ]

Cedric,

You can read the scores and daily standings on the Sports Section of the Japan Times on line.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.