Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Todd Betts

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Todd Betts
Hi everyone, I am new to this so please be patient.

My cousin is Todd Betts who is playing for the Swallows this year. If anyone could please give me any info regarding websites, etc. where I may keep track of his progress, ...

There is also a few things I don't understand like the word "man" beside the salaries. Any info anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Paul Davidson
Comments
Re: Todd Betts
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 23, 2003 12:24 AM | YBS Fan ]

- If anyone could please give me any info regarding websites, etc. where I may keep track of [Todd Betts'] progress, ...

I don't think there's any source that will focus on Betts himself, but checking a few of the articles in the News and Links forums should give you a good idea of sites that have news in English. So if he does something well, or if you're interested in how his team is doing in general, you'll read about it.

- There is also a few things I don't understand like the word "man" beside the salaries.

I've been getting this question a lot lately via e-mail. I've always written for the fan who had some background in Japan to start with, but see that audience becoming a minority. Anyway, thanks for finally asking it in the forum.

I've added the following explanation to the player profile page:
    * [1-man = 10,000.]
In other words, multiply all of the above numbers by 10,000. The salaries are in yen, of course. I haven't had to deal with dollars for over two years, so I can't say for sure what the yen rate is, but the last I knew it was around 120 yen to the dollar. To convert to dollars, simply multiply the salary by 10,000 and divide by 120 (or what ever you determine the going rate to be).

Math can be fun!

Hope this helps.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.