Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Carp Information in English

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Carp Information in English
Can someone direct me to an English version, if there is one, for the Hiroshima Toyo Carp homepage? I have tried the online translators, and while they are helpful, a lot of information does not translate fully. I have searched several threads looking for information on the subject, but was unable to find any. If I have overlooked something, please let me know.

This team recently purchased my cousin's contract and I would like to continue to follow his play. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Comments
Re: Carp Information in English
[ Author: HaruSaru | Posted: Dec 19, 2002 9:56 PM | HC Fan ]

Hiroshima isn't exactly the most popular team in Japan, and as far as I know, there is no English version of Hiroshima's home page. But if your cousin is signing with Hiroshima, I'm sure you can read about it at Japan Today, which is an English news website.

But what is your cousins name anyway? I can see what I can find at their homepage (I'm a Carp fan myself).
[ Author: Guest: Tim | Posted: Dec 20, 2002 7:40 AM ]

Thank you for the information. My cousin's name is Andy Sheets. I would appreciate hearing any news you can find on the homepage. Thank you for your help.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Dec 21, 2002 1:12 AM | HAN Fan ]

Tim,

Good luck to your cousin Andy Sheets, I admired his play in Seattle and Tacoma while he was with the Mariners. Let me know how he is doing and when he needs encouragement: playing baseball in Asia can be an adventure - fascinating and/or frustrating.

Robert
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Dec 21, 2002 7:37 PM ]

Hi Tim:

If you have any questions about the Hiroshima Carp, feel free to e-mail me. As someone said earlier, I don't know of any English language sites that cover them exclusively, but the Japan Times, the Yomiuri Shimbun's English edition, and the aforementioned Japan Today will have Japanese baseball items. There is also the site I write for, BaseballGuru.com.
[ Author: Guest: Tim | Posted: Dec 22, 2002 8:08 AM ]

Thank you for the additional info. I'll send you an email with some of my questions. Your help is appreciated.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.