Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Keiichi Kojima

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Keiichi Kojima
Always triyng to find which players had a stint in USA I found a web site (www.japaneseballplayers.com - English and Japanese) stating that Keiichi Kojima is a former MLB/Minor League player (in the Texas Rangers organization), as are Kida, Kashiwada, Maeda... Do you know if it's true?
Comments
Re: Keiichi Kojima
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 6, 2002 11:24 PM | YBS Fan ]

First of all, interesting site. Thanks for bringing it up.

But to answer your question about Kojima, et. al. spending in the minors, it's a definate maybe. Well, I know that Kashiwada did before the Giants agreed to let him stay with the Mets for a season or two on loan.

Kashiwada, like many others, spent time as a kind of exchange student with MLB partner teams. Some go over for rehabilitation, some just for spring training, others for a year of development.

While Kashiwada being allowed to stay at the top team on loan is well known, it isn't unusual for lesser known players to work out with and play for some minor league teams for short periods. I think that that may be what you stumbled onto.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.