Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Miyamoto Shinya

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Miyamoto Shinya
I was just wondering what happened to Shinya Miyamoto of Yakult Swallows. Seems like he has been dropped to the farm team. He's batting a solid .290, and he doesn't seem to be injured. Can anybody shed any light on this?
Comments
Re: Miyamoto Shinya
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 14, 2002 5:03 PM | YBS Fan ]

It seemed as though an epidemic of injuries hit both Yakult and the Giants a month ago. The starting line-ups for both teams look nothing like the did on opening day.

Amazingly, though, the substitues who have come up to fill in have done a tremendous job for both teams. It isn't every team that can lose 4 or 5 of its starting every day players and remain as competitive as these two teams have.

I'm afraid that I don't really keep track of who's injured very well, so I can't tell you exactly what's ailing him. But I'm fairly sure that it's an injury.

On a related note, the Giants' Takahashi Yoshinobu has gotten the doctor's OK to play in the Eastern League (farm club) starting yesterday (Sept. 13). Flipping through the TV channels this afternoon, I saw him on the bench for the Giant's 2-gun game. I was on my way to the BayStars' game, so I don't know if he was in the game or not.
Re: Miyamoto Shinya
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Sep 16, 2002 5:39 PM ]

Miyamoto is out with an injury.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.