Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese HOF & Japanese MLB players

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japanese HOF & Japanese MLB players
I'm not quite sure if this topic has been discussed already but I was wondering:

1) What are the requirements for a NPB player to be eligable for the Japanese HOF?

2)With the "retirement" from Japanese baseball of star players such as Hideo Nomo, Kazuhiro Sasaki, Ichiro Suzuki & Kasuhisa Ishii...Are these current MLB players eligible for the Japanese Hall of Fame?
Comments
Re: Japanese HOF & Japanese MLB players
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Jul 27, 2002 6:27 PM ]

First off all, none of the current Japanese players in MLB have enough on their plate to be Hall of Fame material even in Japan except Ichiro. Sasaki is about to be eclipsed by Shingo Takatsu of the Yakult Swallows on the all time saves list. I suspect that due to being both a pioneer (first Japanese position player) to MLB plus the seven straight batting titles, that Ichiro will be in the Japanese hall after he retires. I would be surprisd if any of the others get there.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.