Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Taiwan games

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Taiwan games
So, rumour has it that the Blue Wave and Hawks will be playing the first ever out of Japan regular season game. Do you know any more specifics? Like I would assume it is in Taipei, but I'm curious about the stadium itself, like possibly the dimensions, or what it looks like? I've heard that the statiums resemble American high school fields.
Comments
Re: Taiwan games
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 14, 2002 9:06 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well, since you asked, I've been flipping back and forth between the 'Stars vs. Tigers and Hawks vs. BlueWave games.

If I recall correctly, tonight's game is in Taipei, but I don't remember where the second game was to be held. (Or I couldn't read it.)

As for size, it's 325 (99 meters) feet down the lines and 400 (122 meters) feet straight away center. So the size is pretty much the same as the newer Japanese stadiums, if not slightly larger. The fences, however, are much shorter than their Japanese counterparts, however. Oh, and the stadium appears to have thick, natural grass as well.

The last I had checked, Seguignol hit a solo shot for the first run of the game in the 5th. And that one cleared the entire stadium. It would have been out anywhere. Ah! And Kokubo just hit one out to the power alley in right-center, just off the top of the fense. It looks like Orix has scored a couple while I was watching my 'Stars being shut out yet again. (Well, it isn't over. There's still hope.) So Orix now leads 3-1.

For a complete game wrap up, I'm sure that either Borisov-san or Latham-san will have something for you tomorrow.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.