Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

japanese baseball games on tv in Europe

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
japanese baseball games on tv in Europe
Does anyone of you know if it is possible to watch live japanese baseball games on tv / satelite / internet in The Netherlands (Europe). I used to live in Japan for 3 years and am a big fan of the Seibu Lions. Right now I can only follow Japanese baseball through the internet, mainly stats and results of played games.
Comments
Re: japanese baseball games on tv in Europe
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 24, 2002 2:50 PM | YBS Fan ]

Several people have written over the years that NHK International shows some games in some U.S. cable markets. If you can get NHK International where you live, that should be one source.

This thread is about broadcasts in North America and Asia. And this thread is about Internet broadcast games last season. Some may apply again this year. (I'd appriciate any other known Internet broadcasts posted under that last thread.)

Hope this helps you get more Pro Yakyu this season.
[ Author: Guest: Yoroppa no Lion Fan | Posted: Mar 31, 2002 6:05 PM ]

http://sports.yahoo.co.jp/stream/baseball/pl/16/seibulions/motion/

If you like Seibu check out this URL. They broadcast every home game of Seibu live and FREE. I already know a couple of Scandinavians who have turned into Seibu fans because of this.

The only problem is though. When it is evening in Japan its afternoon in Europe that means you have to watch them during your working hours. Thankgod my boss is kind and lets me watch Seibu.

I also know Hanshin shows their game too but its pay per view. I will try to find the url...

Someties on satelite they show Giants game. I would say apx. 2, 3 times a month.
Tigers' Games
[ Author: Tim1701 | Posted: Apr 1, 2002 3:44 AM ]

I'd be interested in pay-per-view Tiger games if the "pay" part isn't too expensive. If anyone has the URL for this, I'd be grateful...
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Apr 1, 2002 8:56 PM ]

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.