Warren Cromartie

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Warren Cromartie
Dear Mr. Commish,

I
Comments
Where are they Now Department
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 12, 2002 10:57 AM | YBS Fan ]

I think that'll be the next book I read to my kids at bed time. I'm reading them Robert Heinlein's "Have Space Suit - Will Travel" right now. (No, they don't understand it, but they will someday.)

Nonetheless, I belive that Cro has settled down in Texas. (Or am I confusing him with Bass, now?) He has been doing the geino (celebrety) circuit every year until recently. (I've kind of stopped watching the standard networks lately, so I may have just missed him in his yearly meeting with Beat Takeshi's All Stars.)

Kashiwada appeared in 34 games for the Giants in 2001, primarilly (if not completely) in middle relief. He had a 0-0 record with no saves and a 3.58 ERA in 2001. He is still with Yomiuri in 2002, although he's not really getting any more attention than he did before being loaned to the Mets for a year.
Re: Where are they Now Department
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 12, 2002 12:05 PM ]

The last I heard, Cromartie is living in Miami and has his own radio sports talk show. He's lived in Miami since he retired from baseball in 1991.
Bass lives in Oklahoma. I think you're confusing the Texas guy with Bob Horner. If I'm not mistaken, Horner lives in Texas.
Re: Where are they Now Department
[ Author: Guest: Seb | Posted: Aug 18, 2002 5:16 PM ]

Yeah, the "Cro" has a radio show on the AM sports station. He was on the news tonight, at the Marlins' game he was in the broadcast booth and went to get a foul ball hit his way and almost fell on to the stands some feet below. Pretty funny.
Re: Warren Cromartie
[ Author: Guest: CJI | Posted: Sep 10, 2002 1:47 PM ]

Yes, Warren Cromartie is now living in Miami, where he is originally from, doing a weekly radio show on the Marlins. He will be back in Japan in November to play in 5 games in the Professional Baseball Players Masters League. He will be a member of the Sapporo Ambitious team.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.