Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Seibu Lions lost again

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Seibu Lions lost again
The Lions also lost the second game to the Marines. Sikorski blew a save in the first game and did not appear in the second game. And now his teammate blew the save! I don't understand why Watanabe didn't put Sikorski on the mount to save the game. Sikorski had 33 saves this season! Can anyone tell me why?
Comments
Re: Seibu Lions lost again
[ Author: SteveNovosel | Posted: Oct 12, 2010 10:30 AM | LOT Fan ]

Because Sikorski had quite a few bad games late in the season. He had given up at least one run in 4 of the past 5 games. He had as many games where he gave up a run as games where he didn't give up a run in the past month and a half.

Look at his season in detail - most of his saves came earlier in the year.
Re: Seibu Lions lost again
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 12, 2010 4:37 PM ]

I saw Sikorski pitch in August in Hokkaido and he really imploded against a weak line-up. I guess they just didn't want to take a chance on him again, but his replacement was no better. I've always disliked Seibu, so I'm happy with the result!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.