Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Remaining schedule favors Hiroshima in CL race

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Remaining schedule favors Hiroshima in CL race
Hiroshima plays Yokohama 5 times in the remainder of the season. The Tigers once- on 10/7 in Hiroshima.

The Tigers and Yakult play against each other 6 more times. The competition will be fierce so statistically it may be a coin flip, say 3 games to 3 or 4 to 2 one way or the other.

Also Yokohama and Hiroshima play the Giants 2 more times; the Tigers none. Figure the Giants will be in coast mode and saving their strength for the series. Yokohama and Hiroshima should win at least one and possibly both of these remaining games.

With this easy schedule I think Hiroshima has a shot at third place.

I still like the pennant system better as (some you know) but this is really going down to the wire.
Comments
Re: Remaining schedule favors Hiroshima in CL race
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Sep 27, 2009 6:50 PM ]

The schedule does seem to favor them, but they are not taking advantage of it. They lost again to the Giants today, even though the Giants have nothing more to play for. Hopefully the BayStars will play spoiler as well. Of course I'm pulling for the Tigers, but if it's not them, I'd like to see the Carp get in and also would like to see Marty keep his job. Of course the two are connected.
Re: Remaining schedule favors Hiroshima in CL race
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 29, 2009 11:13 AM | YBS Fan ]

It looks to me like the BayStars are doing everything they can to prevent Hanshin from making it.

Getting swept by Yakult, who they've dominated all season? Ouch. Then they made sure the Carp had a firm lead in the first game of the series after just two innings.

If we can't catch the Tigers, we may as well make them suffer as much as possible.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.