Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Welcome to New Posters and Guests!

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Welcome to New Posters and Guests!
Welcome to new posters and guests! It is great to see the increasing number of people interested in Japanese and Asian baseball.

I have one piece of advice before you ask questions. Spend some time reading past posts in the different forums as well as the other pages on www.japanesebaseball.com.

Then, go to the different links in these posts. This way you will start coming up with your own opinions on such things as "best" players, fielders, pitchers, ballparks, Americans in Japan, etc.

You are so blessed to have this site as well as other blogs and sites. Have fun and let's play ball!
Comments
Re: Welcome to New Posters and Guests!
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Jul 16, 2009 8:51 AM | YAK Fan ]

I've been thinking we could use a "Introduce Yourself" sticky type of thread so we can haze, I mean welcome the rookies.
Re: Welcome to New Posters and Guests!
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jul 24, 2009 12:24 PM | SFT Fan ]

Another suggestion is that fans read the FAQ before asking questions. Then like Kiyoshi said you should go to the different links.

When I first started with Japanese baseball there were little links on the web except this site, Gary Garland's old posts over at Baseball Guru, and the Borisov's Pro Yakyu site. Now there is numerous blogs that branch out about numerous team and baseball in NPB in general. Also, finally NPB has listen and put up an English site that isn't half bad, like the old IBM-BIS website.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.