Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Imae's Injury Status?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Imae's Injury Status?
Last weekend Toshiaki Imae (Marines) was hit in the wrist while batting (although the rest of the game was pretty great) and has been out since. My lack of Japanese doesn't allow me to pick up too much of what they are saying, but I've heard him mentioned a few times. Has anyone got any details such as the extent of the injury or how long he'll be out?

Did anyone else crack up at the stuffed "Gori" they have sitting in the dugout? XP
Comments
Re: Imae's Injury Status?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 11, 2008 8:51 AM | YBS Fan ]

According to Monday's (September 8, 2008) Nikkan Sports, it was a fracture to his right ulna (elbow bone). Chances of Imae returning before the end of the season, or even for the Climax Series, are slim to none.

I've updated Imae's status to reflect that he was taken off the roster on the 8th. I really need to do a better job at keeping up with the transactions/injuries. Sorry about that.
Re: Imae's Injury Status?
[ Author: Marinzu_girl | Posted: Sep 11, 2008 10:53 AM | CLM Fan ]

Ahh thanks for the update, how sad. And he was having such a good season.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.