Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Nakamura Bobbleheads

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Nakamura Bobbleheads
I'm sure you know that Bobbleheads are the hot new giveaways this year at the Major and Minor League Stadiums here in the US.I saw that the Buffaloes had a
NORIHIRO NAKAMURA bobblehead giveaway on August 24th and was wondering if anybody has them for sale or would be willing to trade for US bobbleheads.Please e-mail me at bobw357@aol.com.Thanks for your time.
Comments
Re: Nakamura Bobbleheads
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 4, 2001 1:25 PM | YBS Fan ]

Hmmm. That's not an easy request. I had read about the bobbleheads, but not living in Osaka, didn't have a chance to get one.

Looking at Kintets's "Shop Buffy," I don't see any in the player goods section, so it looks like it was a limited good. You may want to try to contact them with their inquery form. The fields are:

1. Name
2. E-mail address
3. Question

The button on the left will send.

(Going through their site was rather annoying as they changed character encodings between EUC-JP and Shift_JIS a few times without specifying it either in an HTTP header or a META tag. Some web designers need to get a clue!)

If you do get a reply, let us know how it went.

(Oh, and in the future, you might want to be careful about putting your e-mail address on the web pages. Doing so opens it up to spam-bots, robot spiders the scurry the web for e-mail addresses to send spam to. It's good to anti-spam your address by making it human readable. For example, you can contact me at westbaystars at japanesebaseball com (and be sure to include the word "Yakyu" in the subject). I'm sure that some day a spam-bot will figure this one out, so I have additional filters like requiring "Yakyu" in the subject. But most people don't know how to apply ProcMail filters, so making it even harder for the bots to understand, but still fairly easy for people to contact you could be considered an art form.)
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 6, 2001 8:32 PM ]

Got a reply from the Shop Buffy.

"We are afraid that we do not sell Nakamura's bobble head doll.
Furthermore we are unable to send goods overseas.

Thanks for your attention.

Shop Buffie"

Oh well, as least I got an answer!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 8, 2001 1:59 AM ]

To bobw357@aol.com,

The Nakamura Bobblehead figure is available in EBAY right now. Just type in "Japanese baseball" in Search and you should be able to find it on the list. It is current at $ 40 or so dollars. The seller is from Tokyo, Japan...Good Luck

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.